I decided to make what looked like the easier of the two dresses, the sleeveless tunic style dress. I very sensibly cut out the pattern pieces on one day, and then sewed them a couple of days later so as not to rush, though it was very tempting to do it all at once!
|The dress as it is meant to look like!|
The cutting process went okay until I went to cut out the front piece and realised that as I had cut the smaller facing pieces first, I hadn't left myself enough room to put the front pattern piece on! Luckily with some careful manouvering of the pattern I managed to squeeze in on in the end!
|This fabric is a pale green, though you can't tell it from this photo!|
Here's the finished result!
|The front, with added Sanderson pocket!|
Aside from the sewing, I'm still working on my crochet blanket, got loads to go still on that score! Following on from my last post, I'm excited to say that we've bought a caravan for holidaying in! Pictures etc to follow after we've fetched it this weekend! I've also just discovered a gorgeous blog by the lovely Hettie Brown. You can follow her here
Hope you're all having fun!