Monday 9 February 2015

Hooked! blog hop

The fabulous folk over at Stitch Craft Create asked me very kindly if I would be interested in taking part in another blog hop.  I happily said yes, and I have to say, when I saw the list for the other bloggers involved, I did a little big squeal to see that my name was among them.  The blog hop is for a new crochet book called Hooked! 


Hooked! 40 whimsical crochet motifs from weird to wonderful by Michelle, Cecile & Sylvie Delprat
Published by David & Charles
27th March 2015
Paperback edition
 


Hooked! is the work of mother and daughters combo Michelle, Cecile and Sylvie Delprat.  It contains 40 different motif ideas that can then be used to embellish all manner of other crafty projects.  There are already a vast number of crochet books out there, and it has to be said, that at times, they do seem to show the same projects again and again and again. 

Flowers that will never wilt and die
 
This is not the case with Hooked! The concept of writing a book containing only motifs is one I've not come across before, and whilst I've not had time to hook anything up yet, I'm excited to have a go at these projects.  The biggest dilemma I have is - which project to hook up first?!



There are flowers, hearts, and even gingerbread men to have a go at making, and then the ideas for using them are endless...keyrings, bunting, to embellish bags, clothes, the list can go on!

Flowers sewn onto a scarf
 
I thought the photography was very clear throughout the book, showing ever little stitch used in each project, and the instructions looked easy to follow too.  I've not worked with a teeny tiny hook before, but if you used a larger one you would just get bigger motifs, so the ability to adapt the projects easily is there too.



There is a chance for you to win a copy of the book, plus a hook and six balls of Stylecraft wool by just by following this link and popping on over to the Stitch Craft Create site.


The competition closes on 28th February so pop on over and have a go.  I know lots of you who can hook a motif or two!

G x

3 comments :

  1. There are so many lovely things in this book! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely book with many possibilties :O)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on such a fab blog hop!
    I love your reviews x

    ReplyDelete

Please make my day by leaving a comment. x