Tuesday 26 May 2015

Beekeeper's Quilt

After debating it for an age, I finally decided to take the plunge and buy the Tiny Owl Knits pattern for the Beekeeper's Quilt.  If you haven't seen it in all of it's glory - feast your eyes on this:


Made up of over 300 hexipuffs this is a year long project and I wanted to give it a go.  Only problem is that it involves double pins and I hate using them (cause I'm rubbish)!

I decided that to begin with I'd treat myself and order some Jamieson's Spindrift Shetland Wool and promptly purchased 6 balls - my choices were mainly based on what they were called!


I started this Friday - and failed.  I started again on Saturday - and failed.  I then spent another age trying on Sunday and eventually a hexipuff started to come together. 


It must be right because even Stephanie herself favourited it over on Twitter!


I think I am knitting it the wrong way round though as I have to turn them right side out when I get to the end, but I'm doing it, and as of yesterday, one hexipuff became two!


I'm going to keep going and hopefully I'll get quicker as I'm going along.  They aren't perfect but I'm hoping that once they are sewn together, all flaws will disappear in it's beekeeping glory!

G x

2 comments :

  1. That's great, a very dedicated quilt though, I think I would be tempted to make a teapot cosy or something instead! good luck, nice wool. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your perseverance is to be applauded.
    Go girl! X

    ReplyDelete

Please make my day by leaving a comment. x