Friday 4 September 2015

Blanket Tale

Hello, yes I am still here, I can't believe the summer has flown by and I haven't posted since the end of July!  We still have a few more days of the holidays left as the girlies don't go back until Tuesday but I must sort out them, and myself, for hopefully I will find some teaching work very shortly.

I have been determined during my time off to finish those pesky wips that lie about and remain an annoying temptation that need completing.  Therefore, having been challenged by my friend Caroline, aka @granplumley to finish my granny square blanket by the end of July, I quickly rose to the challenge, provided that I got my yoga blanket knitted up first!

Almost finished

And I did them both!  I am very impressed, especially as it was still warm during July (what happened in August I'll never know) and knitting and hooking with two largeish blankets on your lap is no mean feat.  At one point, the yoga blanket came out onto the lawn during Wimbledon fortnight!

So here they are in their finished glory:


One very large yoga blanket knitted in James C Brett Aztec Alpaca Aran wool


One granny square odds-and-ends blanket to go with my other one from Caroline.

Next though, I need to finish one of my first ever crochet projects that I started with Lottie forever ago.  It's from an early edition of Mollie Makes magazine, and whilst I'm over halfway through, I've just unsewn all of the squares I'd put together and removed the cream from the edges of every single square.  For the actual blanket I'd used Sirdar Crofter which isn't a particularly cheap wool, but for the edges I had chosen a particularly rough acrylic yarn that I didn't actually like the feel of, so away it went.  I now have 60-odd squares that all need a final row, plus more to make up and hook together and then this beauty will be completed too - one day!


I've made lots of other things too, and Agatha van finally has electricity so I'm in there lots and starting to make her my own at last - more on that to come!

G x

6 comments :

Please make my day by leaving a comment. x