Tuesday 8 September 2015

Tangle Wood

Tangle Wood: A Captivating Colouring Book with Hidden Jewels by Jessica Palmer
Published by Search Press
7th August 2015
Paperback Edition
 
 
Illustrator and papercutter, Jessica Palmer, has created 75 pages of enchanting hand-drawn pictures for you to colour and lose yourself in. The images all have a magical woodland theme, and each one includes a a 'hidden jewel', intricately worked into the design, which will include rings, brooches, pendants, chains, bracelets and earrings featuring insects, animals and leafy patterns. The book will include designs that fit on a single page as well as those that extend across a double-page spread. Some of the designs will fill the entire page and others will sit within it. Others will have space left for the reader to extend the design themselves.
 
 
Colouring books for adults are the newest craze to hit the shops this year, and even when you browse the bestseller lists, colouring books crop up along with the top fiction and non-fiction reads.  I must admit, I flick through lots of them when I see them out and about, but there have been lots where there are one or two nice pages inside and then the others are a bit bland, and samey.  There doesn't always seem to be anything special about them.  When I saw this new publication from Search Press however, I knew I was onto a colouring winner.
 
Jessica Palmer is a papercutter, which is the most amazing talent, it just looks so difficult and intricate, and way above anything I could even contemplate doing.  Anyway, she has just brought out her first colouring book, and I hope it won't be her last.
 
Tangle Wood has 75 pages of beautiful woodland designs in it, some are on one page only, and some extend to two pages.  There are complex scenes, and much simpler ones where you can add your own ideas and designs should you be able to draw (unlike me who sticks to colouring only).  I loved the detail involved in the images, it's not only so wonderfully done but the pictures are gorgeous.  I hope my photographs do them justice.  Here's a peak inside:
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
G x
 

1 comment :

Please make my day by leaving a comment. x