Saturday 31 May 2014

Time for a change...

Hmmm so is it being 40?  Is it a mid-life crisis?  Or do I just need to take stock and alter a few things here and there?



Nothing major, don't get me wrong.  Things are fine and dandy over here but I would like a bit of change personally, within me.




1.  I need to want to lose a bit of weight.  Not a lot, half a stone maybe, because that half makes me unhappy and doubles my face (and my hereditary weak chin) and then I look like a giant beachball.  I dislike having a beachball for a face.  I really do!



2.  I need to go back to yoga.  It's been forever since I did any.  I love how it made my mind feel and how it made my body feel.  I feel stiff and old.  I do not like this feeling.  The only problem is, the nearest class to me is on a Tuesday morning when I'm in school.  I am searching for a very good dvd so I can yoga and meditate at home.  Providing the girlies and dogs let me that is!



3.  I have to cut out the crap that I eat.  In fact, that we all eat.  Hubby has gone vegetarian and whilst I admire that in him, that path is not for me.  Well it would be bloomin difficult considering I don't eat very many vegetables anyway (or tomatoes, but they're a fruit) and I'm dairy free so that rules out quite a bit of food that way.  So meat-eating will continue, but some of the sugar, nay, lots of the sugar needs to be reduced (see point 1 above).  I haven't told the girlies yet, but when the biscuits are gone from the cupboard this time around, it will be a limited stock next time.  We all eat too much sugar.  We need to find an alternative.



We've just come back from a lovely three-day break in Enid caravan.  We went to Ludlow which is only just over an hour from here.  I'll blog a bit of what we did soon, but it's hubby's new place for us to move to!  Just need to finish building this house first!!!



So that's what's going on here, with me at least! 



G x

9 comments :

  1. Great post and good luck with it :0)
    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is what I need to change in myself! The sugar is the top priority for myself and my daughter. We have a tendency to eat sugar when we get upset or very bored! I did yoga so many years ago that I will be treating it like it is a new thing. My daughter is going to do it with me. It helps so much with stress and is so calming. I really enjoy your blog. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your post.
    I shall sent positive thoughts and wishes to help you on your way.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can do it, you can do it, you can do it, ....did that help??? I know you can xx new mantra xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quotes! Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck dear friend....and yes yes you can do it..........just dont stop creating....huggy hugs P XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope that you can make the changes that you want to make, and that you are making them only for yourself - which it sounds as though you are doing. Glad that you had a good time away in Enid, looking forward to hearing all about it. Keep going!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you ... it all sounds like a great plan ... good luck ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you have made a start by just admitting it....keep going nice honest post...I like xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please make my day by leaving a comment. x