Monday 20 May 2013

Treat day

Treat day doesn't happen that often anymore; once upon a time when I was a young, free and single girlie I treated myself ALL the time, without a care in the world.  Now I am a more responsible and boring sensible grown-up, treat day happens less frequently which makes me appreciate it more.

Today I went with Lottie to Hanley to visit Abakahan and Emma Bridgewater!  We spent our pennies!!!

First stop was Abakahan; if you've never been in one, it's a veritable treasure trove of goodies, from fabrics, wools and everything in between.  I think I could easily have bought lots more than I did, but I tried to restrain myself.  Mainly I wanted to get some fabric with which to make myself some dresses, and I found two to try out with my patterns from Pip Lincolne's Sew La Tea Do book.






Dress fabric 1 - it's a bit more sage green in real life!



Dress fabric 2
 

I also got some other fabrics to make other 'things' with - a girl needs a choice, does she not?






Lottie had some of this too








More ribbons!


Then we went to Emma Bridgewater for lunch (yummy) and a browse around their shops.  I didn't buy anything here but that's primarily because as a non-tea and coffee drinker I'm a bit limited in my purchasing capability.  I did see a gorgeous dish for crumbles etc but the price put me off!

Then it was back to reality and the joy of the school runs!  I did have to pop to the supermarket though as we had run out of lunchbox treats - oh my, look what I found in there!


I missed this when it was on - catch-up time required!


Alphabet tote-bag with my initial on it - £1.99 bargain!





Hope you've been able to treat yourselves too?

G x

5 comments :

  1. I was up 'Anley duck at the weekend. I spent quite a bit of time in Abakahan, it's like an Aladdins cave! I very nearly bought the floral fabric with the blue background you had but then spotted something else (well several something else's! They're on my blog if you want a peek.) it's a good job the husband was with me otherwise I may have bought a LOT more. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to have a treat and the fabric is yummy ... Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely fabrics you have bought! I watched Broadchurch when it was on tv and thought it was really great.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by M - am not following you on your lovely blog! x

      Delete
  4. Oooo You've made me want to go out and splurge!
    Excellent choice of fabrics might I say!
    X

    ReplyDelete

Please make my day by leaving a comment. x