Friday 21 March 2014

50 pincushions to knit & crochet

50 Pincushions to Knit & Crochet by Cat Thomas
Published by Search Press
15th January 2014
Paperback Edition
 
 
 
 
 
Ah, the humble pincushion.  So important, yet available in so many different guises.  In this fantastic book by Cat Thomas, you can choose from 50 different designs! Yes, 50!
 
 
The photographs in here are so clear that I fear one could be put off by not managing to make a pincushion as exact as the glorious picture shows, but this is a trivial thing, no?  I do like the fact that the book shows all 50 designs first, in all their glory, before showing you how to make them.
 
 
As with all of the Search Press books I've come across, the illustrations and instructions are both clear and concise for users of all abilities.  Shall I show you some of the featured designs.... (apologies that my photos are no where near as good as in the book).
 
 
Look at that lion!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
looks good enough to eat!
 
 
 
All crafters need a pincushion or two, at least and what better way to use up all those scrap bits of wool that are left-over from other projects and are too small to be off use for anything of great quantity.  I can see me making many of these for myself and then gifting a few more too.  My biggest dilemma is, with 50 designs to choose from, which one to tackle first!
 

 
 
G x

3 comments :

  1. I love the lion and that cupcake is pretty darned cute!!!! I hope that you can decide which ones to make, tricky choice!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a fab book
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Please make my day by leaving a comment. x