Tuesday 7 April 2015

Scrubbing



It must be Easter because it was time for the annual caravan cleaning session to begin at the weekend.

It's an regular event here, which sees me now cleaning two caravans as best as I can and as quickly as I can.  By last night I was looking rather green.  The problem with having two caravans in a tree-lined garden is that they do tend to deposit their green foliage onto all stationary buildings, and our special spaces are no strangers to that rule.

On Sunday as the weather was dry and reasonably sunny, I made a start on the girlies caravan.  They have had this for a number of years now, made by my out-laws as a surprise Christmas gift. 


And then of course it was Agatha's turn.  Her current appearance did not speak of being my pride and joy but more of a sadly neglected storage container dumped at the bottom of the garden.


Armed with hosepipe, bowl of soapy water and my new scrubbing brush, I was soon cleaning away yesterday in the Spring sunshine.  My new decking area is almost complete, and hubby has promised me electricity to her anytime soon so Agatha van will soon be more than just a hidey hole for all my bits and pieces, but a proper crafty caravan all of my own!

She looks a bit more cherished now she is cleaner:


And modelling her new numberplate, which was my mother's day present most gloriously in the sunshine I think



Did you all have a lovely Easter too?  My girlies are away so I have every intention of sewing something between now and when they return on Thursday, and maybe even getting the overlocker out of the box for the first time since buying it!  I might just have a quick flick through my new read first though...

G x

3 comments :

  1. Oo you're getting me in the Spring cleaning mood now! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Spring clean!, I have just brought that book too, and I have already seen lots I like!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink wagon is very sweet. Time to get the bunting out I reckon! enjoy caravan life. X

    ReplyDelete

Please make my day by leaving a comment. x