Monday 13 July 2015

Hope and Elvis

I went to two Hope and Elvis workshops in June and haven't blogged about either of them which is very lapse of me.  So, as I've got this week off work and it's raining outside, I'll fill you in briefly now.


The first workshop was to meet and sew with the wonderful Jessie Chorley.  We were making journals that day and it was a wonderful day of fun and laughter. 

Jessie's beautiful work


As usual I ended up on the naughty table with Tracy and Louise but we had the best time ever - and I think that secretly everyone else wanted to be on our table too!  Jessie was wonderful and I'm heading on over to London next month for her grand opening and book launch where I'm hoping to catch up with the lovely Chrissie of Chrissie Crafts too!

Mine is the red New Beginnings book


The second workshop was with Leah Halliday to make apron dresses.  It was a challenging day and there was a lot of concentrating to do but my dress is almost complete - I've just got to hem it and handstitch the inside and then it is complete.  I'm happy with how it turned out but I don't know if I'll remember how to make another one on my own though!

Beavering away in my red apron dress
I don't have many pics to show though as I forgot my phone charger and my phone had to remain off - these are photos from Hope and Elvis!


My next workshop is in November but not up north this time.  I'm off to Unit Twelve in Staffordshire with Lottie to make paper lampshades with Jennifer Collier - on my birthday no less.


Jennifer has agreed to provide cake - excited much!

G x

6 comments :

  1. superb fun! you look lovely in that apron dress!
    d x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so loves your dress me dear
    What a lovely post xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ginny. That all looks enormous fun! I absolutely love Jessie's creations and your frock looks fab. How are things with you, chic? xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha thats where all my new likes came from..THANK YOU my lovely naughty one.

    ReplyDelete

Please make my day by leaving a comment. x