Saturday 27 February 2016

February

And yet another month passes by in a flash.  Time certainly seems to be flying by.

I've still not really attempted any sewing at all.  I don't know if this is because Agatha Van is no longer my sewing haven, and it is now the fourth bedroom in my new house, appropriately named #notagathavan or what.  I've got so many projects I would like to be sewing, and the fabric to do it, and yet....something is stopping me.  I desperately want to begin my Merchant & Mills linen skirt.  It's been cut out ready to go for a good six months, if not more, and yet there it still sits, unstitched and destined to never be finished.  I did buy some gorgeous fabric the other week though - but what to turn it into?!



In other news, I made a mini crochet shawl the other week.  I'm not entirely convinced it's big enough but some very talented crocheters over on IG liked my picture which was incredibly flattering!



I've also restarted my hexipuffs from the Beekeeper's Quilt by tiny owl knits.  Since beginning this project, Stephanie has got married and had a baby and I've still only made a handful of these beauties.  I am improving though and can rustle one up in about 30 minutes, which when I started out on the double-pin journey I feared I'd never be able to make one, let alone 12!


I was heavily tempted to pop on over to Abakhan today for a fabric/yarn fix and then I got my sensible head on which told me to actually use some of the stash I've got here rather than buying more to sit unused in a cupboard.  I've started this project this afternoon and have already used almost one ball.  It's a quick easy knit, and the wool is really nice to use too.  It's nice to have something I don't really need to concentrate on, unlike those hexis!




I've seen a gorgeous project over on Instagram for this gorgeous cowl made by Chelsea Berkompas called Rooted.  I adore the colours she has chosen for this.  Maybe when I've finished the above project?!



Right, I had better away, I've at least 5 book reviews to be getting on with.  Don't forget, if you love to read, please pop on over to my book blog and say hello!  And while I remember, the winner of my Tiny Toys to Knit book was Henrietta Bird - so well done to you.  I'll be in touch shortly for your address!

G x

3 comments :

  1. I wish I could say exactly how I found your lovely blog, but I'm afraid I've been hopping about so much, I'm totally lost! However, just as in life, being lost sometimes allows you to find a special little corner. Your post on the dilemma of projects half started/finished and wanting to start new ones did hit home. There's a blind sitting on my table which is a mere twenty minutes from being complete. Yet still it sits there and until today, was stopping me from getting on with anything else. But back on track now with a quilt.
    Apologies for the ramble!
    P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, doesn't matter how you got here, but I'm very glad you have and hope you'll stick around! We've all got those wips haven't we! X

      Delete
  2. I love looking at your creative projects, I have so many WIPs but I just keep thinking that they'll all be done in their own time! X

    ReplyDelete

Please make my day by leaving a comment. x